Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Messiah Conspiracy


Written by Raymond Khoury, in the US this book is titled 'The Last Templar". I read the synopsis when it was about to come out and it looked interesting. Cousin Erika had lent me 'Da Vinci Code' and I forwarded the synopsis to her. Later I read reviews about this book and they were not so good, so I didn't buy this. Ten days ago I visited Cousin Tata and she had this book and lent it to me.
It wasn't so bad (perhaps it's because I didn't spend any money on this at all) and quite enjoyable. Four men dressed like the Knight Templar breaks into a museum in New York and one of the items they steal is a machine to break codes. Three of the robbers are later dead. Archeologist Tess Chaykin and FBI agent Sean Reilly work together to solve the puzzle. There are 2 bad guys, one is an ex-archeologist who holds a drudge against the church after his dear wife's death. The other is a ruthless Vatican agent who wants to keep the church's secret safe. Priests in this novel are depicted as false teachers. If you happen to meet a false priest who cannot even hear God's voice that he cannot answer questions from those who need helps, you cannot blame the church and God, right?

No comments: