Saturday, January 19, 2008

Michael Ball - One Voice concert


Last night I watched the newest Michaell Ball concert video One Voice - One Special Night, recorded at Hammersmith Apollo London last year. Compared with his previous recorded concerts, I think this is Michael Ball at his best. His voice is so wonderful, so is the music. I also like very much his choice of songs to sing that night. This is the songlist:

1. One Voice
2. One Night Only
3. Since You've Been Gone
4. Feelin' Good
5. Do You Mind?
6. Living Years
7. Home
8. A House is Not A Home
9. This is The Moment
10. High Flying Adored
11. All I Ask Of You
12. Loving You
13. Stranger in Paradise
14. This is My Beloved
15. A Little Fall of Rain
16. Empty Chairs at Empty Tables
17. Tell Me It's Not True
18. The Show Must Go On
19. Crazy
20. Rehab
21. Don't Stop
22. Dancing In The Dark
23. I Don't Feel Like Dancin'
24. One Voice (1st encore)
25. Love Changes Everything (2nd encore)

He was so good that he got 3 standing ovations in the middle of concert: for This is The Moment (from Jeckyll & Hyde), This is My Beloved (from Kismet), and A Little Fall of Rain (from Les Misérables). For the 'A Little Fall of Rain' duet, he had a special guest, Sian Crisp from North Wales, who had won an auction for an opportunity to sing on stage with him for £25,000 (the money went to the Children In Need). Miss Crisp has a wonderful voice (suitable
for an Eponine. She did remind me of some of the best Eponine I'd heard) and she truly deserved the standing ovation. Of course in the end, Michael Ball did get another standing ovation after Love Changes Everything, his signature song. None can sing it like him.
The concert ran for almost 2 hours, and, I think, without intermission; because he wore the same clothes from the beginning to end. Amazing, since most of the songs are not easy to sing.

No comments: