Saturday, March 15, 2008

Messiah series


A few years ago I saw an episode on AXN from a series called Messiah. I remembered because there was Neil Dudgeon in it. Dudgeon plays Moggy Cattermole in one of my favourite series Piece of Cake and he is very good (He got all the juicy lines. I read the book. They even gave Fitz's lines to Moggy.) I also remembered Ken Stott from Shallow Grave, another favourite of mine. Last month I read the book Messiah by Boris Starling. The story was horrifying and on some pages there were a pair of evil eyes looking at me. I hesitated to get the movie, would my stomach be able to stand it? However finally I got the movie and it wasn't as gruesome as I had imagined it to be, for thankfully the team who made the movie was very skillful and they decided not to make their audience sick. Although I read the book only one month ago, the movie was very gripping. There were some changes, like the character Susan Metcalfe could not speak, Eric had been released from prison, there was no Charlotte's father offered the reward, and Red's hair was not red.

I found the series 2 was slower than the 1st and Lubezski was replaced by someone else. It had good script, though, and the real killer was very unpredictable.

No comments: