Monday, October 1, 2018

Triumph in The Skies (TV)

Triumph in The Skies (2003) is an interesting TV series. After watching this I feel I know better about pilots and stewardesses. I think if I were younger I would try to apply for a job in an airport. What I really like about this series was the tips/knowledge given after each episode.

Solar Airways (based on Cathay Pacific) was recruiting new pilots so we followed them as they studied, from cadets to first officers.

In the drama side, the main love story was a love triangle involving two pilots and a stewardess. It was about fate. For me, the love stories were a bit boring, nothing new. And I dislike a character who was distressed a lot, crying all the time....

Beside pilots and stewardess, there were also chefs who prepared cabin meals and ground crews. The head chef often came up with new menus, which looked delicious.

I myself for the last several years only took short, cheap flights - so there was never any meal on the plane, not even a glass of water was served.

The 2nd series (2013) was also interesting, but it was a pity they did not gave useful tips anymore during end credits. The airways was changed from Solar to Skylette. The new character, Holiday, laughed a lot that I thought there was something wrong with her.

No comments: