Monday, February 4, 2019

Life (TV-2018)

Had wanted to watch this because I heard it had been made by the same writer that made 'Stranger' - and it was also starring Cho Seung-woo. The first episodes were slow and almost boring, but the last few episodes were intense. I think perhaps it's because I was not impressed by one of the two main characters. If you look at the movie poster, there are two characters: Left - Cho Seung-woo, who played the president director [in a hospital], and Right -Lee Dong-wook, who played a Emergency Room doctor.

The ER doctor, Ye Jin-woo, was the main character in this series. Everything was in motion because of him. However I must say I was not impressed with his character at all. It seemed to me Ye Jin-woo had lost his will to live. The way he said his lines was flat.

Ye Jin-woo was the good guy, while the president director, Gu Seung-hyo, was the bad guy. But my sympathy lied with the Mr. Gu. Ye Jin-woo tried to get the truth behind the death of the hospital director and refused the new changes made by the new president director - whom he thought was money oriented. He was the good guy in this series, but I disliked him for stirring things and made things difficult for Mr. Gu. The poor Mr Gu, on the other hand, tried to do his best making money for the company and made the doctors safe. He was misunderstood by many, because of the wrong start, and squeezed between the doctors and the CEO.

In the end, I enjoyed watching this drama about a big corporate. It was interesting to see how a big company in Korea worked.

No comments: