Friday, November 16, 2007

Black Book

I saw Black Book in the list of best spy movies ever, also saw the trailer when I went to the theatre to see The Invasion - it looked great and so I wanted to see it. Last night I did.

Black Book (Zwartboek) is one of the best movies I've ever seen. Set in 1944, about the Resistance in Holland. After her hiding place is bombed, a beautiful Jewish woman, Rachel Steinn tried to leave Holland for Belgium, but she is betrayed and her whole family are murdered in front of her. She later has a new identity, joins the Resistance and falls in love with a high ranking Nazi officer. While trying to free the Nazi prisoners, the Resistance fighters are betrayed and they think Ellis de Vries (Rachel's new identity) is the traitor. With the black book Ellis will prove who the real traitor is.



This movie has a lot of twists and very gripping. The long running time (145') didn't bore me at all. I didn't know any of the actors, but both leads, Carice van Houten and Sebastian Koch, are very good.

A must see!

No comments: