Wednesday, September 9, 2009

D'aulaire's Book of Greek Myths

I have always wanted to have a book about Greek myths, but didn't know any good one. There were so many in the market. I happened to read reviews about this D'aulaire's, which sounded great, and decided to buy the book. I enjoyed reading this so much and thought that this was one of the best books in my collection, even though it's bought from 2nd hand store and the jacket was missing. Until then, I only learnt about Greek myths from Disney or Hollywood movies - which people said not the best places. This book is for children, so it is a great introduction for me to those stories, which begins with Mother Earth Gaea gave birth to the gods. The stories are accompanied with lovely drawings, which amazed me, since they are made with pencil colours. The picture I include on this page is an example, depicts the kidnapping of Persephone by Hades.

No comments: