Friday, December 16, 2011

Disney's Four Color Adventures Volume 1

I bought this book without knowing what's inside because it was wrapped in plastic. The contents turn out to be:
-64 pages Donald Duck stories (1 page 1 stories) by Al Taliaferro
-The Reluctant Dragon by Irving Tripp
-Baby Weems
-The Sorcerer's Apprentice (from Fantasia)
-Old MacDonald Duck
-Goofy in 'How To Ride A Horse'

The contents are not as exciting as I expected. The Al Taliaferro strips, I have read them before, and although it's nice to re-read them, I prefer Donald's adventurous stories. As for The Reluctant Dragon, I saw the movie a couple of months ago and this comic is very similar to the movie. Baby Weems is a nice story. The Sorcerer's Apprentice is in short stories format, means it has many words and a few pictures; which makes it out of place in this comic book. However this book is a compilation of 2 books, if I am not mistaken: one is 64 pages Donald Duck stories (Four Color #4) and the other one is The Reluctant Dragon (Four Color #13) which contains 5 stories: The Reluctant Dragon, Baby Weems, etc. I think in its original publishing, it was okay for The Sorcerer's Apprentice to be there. I just didn't expect this format in this -what I thought to be a- comic book.

No comments: