Sunday, May 25, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

I actually wanted to watch Prince Caspian, but when Lastri found out that Indiana Jones was out, she wanted to watch it; so we both ended watching Indiana Jones. I hope Prince Caspian will still be showing next week.


Before watching this, I also wondered if it could beat National Treasure (the first one, the Templar treasure). Set in 1957, Indiana Jones's new enemy is a Russian high ranking officer, Irina Spalko (Cate Blanchett) [I understand actors like to do challenging roles, but it's nice if the movie is also enjoyable to watch, like this one.] and they are looking for the legendary city of gold, El Dorado. While in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade we meet his father, in this new movie we meet his son, a young man who combs his hair often, made me wonder if I was watching Indiana Jones or Grease. I don't believe in E.T. and U.F.O., so I don't like the conclusion. I have read a novel called 'The Eye of Ra' by Michael Asher, which also links the pyramids and aliens; so I can understand why the conclusion of this movie is decided so.



Lastri and I agreed that the movie was funny (I myself giggled now and then) and very entertaining. It was also good to see Karen Allen again. Harrison Ford didn't age too much since The Last Crusade, and it was nice to see a glimpse of the Ark of Covenant. I am not familiar with the legend of El Dorado, but the adventure is enjoyable to watch. In my opinion, this movie is better than National Treasure.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I liked it too. Was I the only one who didn't know until the movie that the boy was Indy's son? My friend told me I must have been living under a rock. Oh well.

Inge said...

That makes the two of us. I didn't know Indy's son would make his first appearance. If I determine to watch a movie, it's better for me to know about the plot as little as possible, so I can enjoy it more.