Saturday, August 16, 2008

Treasury of Aesop's Fables

I have had a book of Aesop's Fables already, but the illustrations are few (and not in colour), and the bad quality of the paper makes me reluctant to read it. The cheap price was the reason why I bought the book.

A few weeks ago, I saw this nice copy in a bookshop. It was sealed, so I couldn't look inside. I loved the cover, though, so I bought this Treasury of Aesop's Fables. When I opened the seal at home, I was a bit disappointed because the illustrations by Val Biro were not as wonderful as I had expected. It was the style of the drawing which I wasn't fond of.

Last week I brought this when I went to visit my 5 1/2 year-old niece. The stories were in English, but every page was illustrated in colour, made it easy for me to tell the stories to her without reading them - only by following the illustrations. Then I was glad I bought the book. There are 16 stories in this.


The picture above are from 'The Goose That Laid the Golden Eggs'. There are total 8 illustrations in this story only.

No comments: