Saturday, November 8, 2008

Beatrix Potter The Complete Tales

I wanted this book after watching Chris Noonan's Miss Potter. The book itself is very beautiful, that when it arrived my boss also wanted a copy, which I ordered for her right away. The pages are of excellent quality's paper, and there is a cartoon box to protect the book. I love the beautiful illustrations by Beatrix Potter, and the best of all in my opinion is in The Rabbits' Christmas Party. From all the stories, my most favourite is The Tale of The Pie and The Patty-Pan. The idea to accept someone's invitation to eat a pie, although you don't like her pie and then have a plan to swap it with your own, is very amusing to me. I also like the illustrations of the mayor's waistcoat in The Tailor of Gloucester.



From her works, we can see how much Beatrix Potter loved animals and nature. This book contains all of her 23 tales and 4 additional works. Each work is accompanied by a note to explain the background of the story. The language is not very easy to read, but I can understand the meaning by looking at the illustrations.

No comments: