Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

This is one of the books which really worth the money. I read this in 3 days, which is very fast for me.

Journalist Mikael Blomkvist teams up with a hacker named Lisbeth Salander to solve a 40 year old mystery of a missing girl. Harriet Vanger was missing in 1966 when she was 16 and since then her grandfather, ex-CEO of Vanger Enterprises, has been searching for her. In his last attempt, he persuades Blomkvist to solve the mystery for him.  

The book was hard to put down - but I had to because I had to sleep if I wanted to be able to wake up in the morning and able to work. I really wanted to finish it asap so I could know Harriet's fate. My thanks also to whoever wrote on the back sleeve (my copy is from Quercus), because the information given was enough to tell what the story was about without giving too much. The plot is well-written and the conclusion is satisfactory. This is the first book of Millennium Trilogy and I am looking forward to reading the next two. They are on the way.

Unfortunately, the writer Stieg Larsson died in 2004 and he never saw the success of his work.

No comments: