Saturday, October 20, 2012

Daddy's Home (A Holly Jennings Thriller)

I cannot say I like this book by A.K. Alexander very much, but I must admit that I enjoyed reading it. The heroine of this story is Crime Scene Investigator Holly Jennings of the San Diego Police Department, a single mother of a little girl. She is investigating a serial murders of single mothers and their only child. The murderer is then nicknamed 'the Family Man' - a man who dreams to be the perfect father and have the perfect family by kidnapping a single mother and her only child, pretend to be the head of the family, and if things doesn't work out, he kills them. In simple way, a very sick man.

Holly Jennings herself, during the story, meets a man with 2 daughters (the wife has left them) and begins a relationship with him.

I think the style of the writing is similar to Mary Higgins Clark's. We are brought to follow Holly Jennings's mind and the killer's mind. I find the killer's mind is more interesting, although it is sometimes silly and ridiculous.

No comments: