Monday, January 13, 2014

Police - Jo Nesbø

The book started with a patient in a coma condition, guarded by the police. Since the previous book, Phantom, ended up with our hero shot in the chest and head, of course I thought the patient was our hero. I should have read more carefully, because I was wrong. Of course, how could he be the hero if he had been dead.

Now Harry Hole, who was no longer a policeman, was hired as a consultant to help the police solve police murders. The victims were lured to locations of unsolved cases and murdered there.

This book, in my opinion, is the best among Harry Hole series. I liked how he managed to escape grave situations where he almost lost his life, like in The Snowman (he lost his middle finger though), in The Leopard (how he escaped the Leopold's apple - I had thought it had been impossible to escape from such a deadly weapon); and yet he cheated death again in Phantom, and now in Police he escaped from a bomb (reminded me of a scene from Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull), and together with Rakel and Oleg they saved themselves from the cop killer.

Will there be new Harry Hole book again? Because they haven't caught Valentin Gjertsen yet and it seems he has been stalking Ståle Aune's daughter.

No comments: