Monday, December 27, 2010

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010)

I've seen several movies which they said were based on video games, but nothing is like Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. I haven't read the comics so I have no idea what they are like, but this movie is, I think, especially made for young people who love video games and rock music.

Like Edgar Wright's previous works, Hot Fuzz and Shaun of The Dead, this movie is very fast paced - he must be thinking that we love to use the pause button when we are watching the DVD. The director also likes to play trick with cameras and in editing, like characters who suddenly show up from behind the camera.

Since the beginning we are reminded that nintendo has a big part. The Universal logo at the beginning is a great idea. With today's technology it's not hard to realize the idea, but the idea itself is what counts. I like how Scott gets coins - and extra stuff sometimes (like the sword) - after defeating his enemies.

No comments: