Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010)

I and my friend watched this today. We had never seen a movie in 3D before so we were very curious. Well, it was not as spectacular as I had thought - because I hoped every thing would come out from the screen. I think the glasses were quite heavy (can they make it lighter?) and every couples of minutes it slipped down on my nose. Perhaps next time I need to wedge it with a scrap of tissue paper. Now I feel so dizzy.

The movie was very good. We are fans of Narnia stories anyway. In this 3rd story (after 'the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe' and 'Prince Caspian'), Edmund and Lucy Pevensie, with their cousin Eustace Scrubb; join King Caspian in a voyage across the sea aboard the ship The Dawn Treader. They look for seven swords belonged to seven lost Lords from Narnia. The seven swords must be placed on Aslan's table so that the evil can be defeated. 

I usually don't like movies which the scenes take place mostly at sea. However, I really enjoyed this one. I and my friend were amused with the casting of Eustace, because that boy looked very annoying in the first half of the movie. The fighting scene with the sea serpent was very cool.

No comments: